Workers’ compensation insurance is a type of insurance that covers the costs of medical care and other expenses incurred by employees who are injured or become ill because of their job.
The Arkansas legislature passed a law in 2017 that allows for cannabis workers to be covered under workers’ compensation insurance.
This new law will help protect cannabis workers from criminal charges, potential jail time, and fines associated with the drug.
Cannabis employees in Arkansas would need to show proof of work authorization from the Department of Labor before they could be covered by workers’ compensation.
While Arkansas has legalized cannabis, it’s still illegal to work in the industry. That means that there is no worker’s compensation insurance available.
This can be problematic for those who are employed in the industry and need coverage for their injuries.
In Arkansas, there is a law that requires employers to provide workers’ compensation insurance for their employees. However, if an employee is working in the cannabis industry, they cannot be covered by this law.
This means that if an employee gets injured on duty from handling cannabis plants and needs to go through medical treatment or medication, the employer is not obligated to cover them. This can cause a lot of problems for employers and employees alike.
Benefits of cannabis workers compensation insurance in Arkansas
- In Arkansas, workers’ compensation insurance is an important part of a business owner’s risk management strategy.
- There are many benefits to having cannabis workers’ compensation insurance in Arkansas.
- It can help you protect your workforce from the risks of being injured on the job, and it can also help you reduce costs by mitigating the risk of employee lawsuits.
- The most important benefit that cannabis workers’ compensation insurance offers is protection for your business.
- It will cover your employees if they are hurt on the job and keep them from being fired due to their injury.
- The goal of this policy is to provide a safety net for employees and their families who are injured on the job while working in the cannabis industry.
The following professions qualify you for this coverage:
This coverage includes medical care and rehabilitation services for those who have been injured on the job.
Benefits of cannabis workers’ compensation insurance in Arkansas include:
This type of insurance is becoming more popular as companies realize how much it can help them avoid legal troubles and save money in the long run.
Workers’ compensation insurance is a benefit that every Arkansas cannabis business should have. It protects your employees from the risks of injury and illness on the job.
- Protecting you from lost wages due to a work-related injury or illness
- Protection against medical expenses incurred due to work-related injuries or illnesses
- Protection against lost wages due to temporary.